Friday, February 18, 2011

I (heart) Bakerella

Hello my friends.. I hope you are all doing well.  I just wanted to share with you these cupcakes I made for my son in law for his birthday.  I can always rely on finding something fun and unique on Bakerella's site and as soon as I saw these cute cupcakes I just knew that I wanted to make them.. 
They turned out sooo cute, I just love them.  Not quite as styling as Bakerella's but on the fly I thought they turned out pretty good.  I couldn't find the red gumballs she called for for the "cherry" so I used strawberry whoppers.. and since the cupcake is strawberry I thought it was kinda fitting.  These are so good.. strawberry, chocolate ganache.. buttercream icing and a whopper on top?!!  Heaven.  This is my new go-to birthday cake.. who's birthday is next?  lol  Just wanted to share.

On the crafty front I haven't done much lately, I've been going through all my stuff and getting rid of the junk so I can have some crafting room.  I've just been in a funk and couldn't seem to start/finish much of anything.  My sewing area is so crammed that I can't find anything and I know I have it and so I just give up looking and put everything away or shove it in a corner.  Hopefully when I clear my sewing/crafting area my brain will clear too and I can get back to it. 

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend and get plenty of sunshine!!

Love,

5 comments:

  1. Gosh darn it, I just had my birthday a couple weeks ago:( OH well, there is always next year, LOL, they do look awesome, you did a great job on them!!!! I hope you get your craft area cleared out so you can enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I have to have a birthday to get the cupcakes????

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute cupcakes!! My granddaughter and I make cupcakes together a lot...we are going to have to make these. Hmmmm....my birthday is next month and I think we should make these for me.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Holli - do we have to have another birthday to get some?? They look yummy .... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my your son-in-law is very lucky to have you.I love cupcakes and yours look lovable and delicious.I am your newest follower.Hope you can also visit me and my blog.I write about food..etc.. Happy Mothers Day! www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete