Monday, January 24, 2011

Let's hear it for some football!!.....

Well.. thanks to the great playoff games going on yesterday I was able to get some craftin going on...  I told myself I was not going to blog until I had something crafty to post and so I pulled out my fabrics.. searched a few tutorials and made a bag for all my rulers....it's huge!  Finally I'll have a place to store all my rulers instead of having them scattered all around my sewing room.. and while I was at it, I made 2.. the folded one in the corner I made for a buddy of mine that I owe a few presents to..  wonder who that could be  :)

It's hard for me sometimes to get going but once I started and got the ruler holders completed I wanted to sew more.. so I dug back into my fabrics and made these adorable lunch totes that I've been wanting to make.. they turned out so cute!  I only have one pictured because I still have to put the final touches on the second one but I was excited to show you. 

On Facebook a couple-three weeks ago there was a posting going around that said for the first 5 people to respond you would make something crafty and send to them some time over the course of the year... in return they had to post on their blog and keep it going...   well one of these is going to someone who responded to my post.  I hope she likes it..

It has an expandable liner so you can take taller containers..
and I used a vinyl tablecloth for the lining to make clean up easy... I really like how these turned out.  My original intention was to send both to two people.. but I think one is just going to have to stay here with me.. ya never know when a girl wants to pack a cute lunch.. lol.

I'm off to check your blogs to see what you've been up to and then finish the other lunch bag.  Have a great night everyone!

Hugs,

5 comments:

  1. Lovin the lunch totes! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh how CUTE!!!! I love the cherries fabric and I am SO wanting to improve my sewing skills, I want to start making prim valances;) Guess I'll keep on practicin' till I get it right:D Have a wonderful day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh ... I see spotted chicks who 'rule', a you 'need to use me right away' totally awesomely cool tote, and an invitation to 'do lunch' real soon. A much better way to spend your time than that worthless game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ruler bag and your lunch tote!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh lucky girl! don't blame you for wanting to keep one! cool ruler bag too!

    ReplyDelete