Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Martha's Bath Salt Recipe

Hello my friends!  As I progress with my New Year, New Me I am also trying to become more frugal.  I had run out of bath salts and I remembered that years ago Martha Stewart had posted the recipe for a homemade Christmas gift, at that time I made it several times then filed it away totally forgetting about it until today.  It's super simple and pretty darn good considering I already had on hand everything that is called for.  She put food dye in hers to get some pretty seasonal colors but I prefer to leave mine clear.. I really would hate to get out of the bath and find myself a pretty sky blue  :)  lol.  Here are the ingredients...

1/4 cup baking soda
3/4 cup epsom salt
1 1/2 cups sea salt
10-15 drops EO of your choice (I had Sweet Pea)
20 ouce jar

It turned out so pretty and smells awesome.  The jar looks small in the photo but as you can see by the sea salt container behind it it really holds alot.  I hope you'll enjoy it.

I'm off to find something productive to do.. lol.. lord knows I have a lot I "should" be doing.  Have a great day all!!!

Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. sounds easy enough, thanks for sharing:D Hope your enjoying the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so easy to make.
    Oh, and sweet pea is my favorite bath scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...just read your comment on my post, SO funny how we "hide' from relatives, HAHA!!!!! Have a great day, you're awesome too!

    ReplyDelete