Thursday, January 13, 2011

Clipping the day away....

Hello my friends!  Wow.. what a frustrating week it's been so far.  My hubby was suppose to fly to Charlotte on Tuesday for work but due to the weather he wasn't able to leave until late yesterday afternoon so we spent that time at our condo in Richmond.  I don't have a computer there so I had to use my Nook to read your blogs, but I was unable to post or comment.  BUT.. I did spend the extra time productively... as I am progressing with my New Year, New Me motto... I turned this...........
Into this...

Which fits perfectly into this...

This is how organized I USE to be.  Back when our kids were little and money was in short supply I lived for coupons.  I would clip every coupon I could get my hands on and plan my meals according to the weekly sales and my coupons.  I never bought anything full price unless it was a special occasion.  I never felt proud of my thriftyness at the time..  it was what I had to do to make ends meet back then.  As time passed and hubby was able to provide more and more I quit hassling with the coupons.  If I had just ONE penny for every time I could have used a coupon that I never bothered to clip in the last ten years our retirement would be set  :(   I have tried to use my coupons from time to time over the years and I've got about 5-10 of those little coupon holders you can pick up for a dollar but I get flustered with them because they never hold all my coupons and they are busting at the seams and then I have no place to put the coupons aside I am planning to use.  This is the system I found works for me.  For $1 I got this cute little box from Dollar Tree that I use to seperate my coupons into easy to find categories.  Yeah me!

I also got this planner for $4 at Walmart
Now hopefully I can remember to write things down so I remember where I'm suppose to be.. lol.  It's going slow, but I am going to make this year as productive as I can. If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them!

I hope you are all having a wonderful week!  I'm off to catch up on your blogs.....

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Now that is organization! I used to clip coupons alot too, but nowadays they don't put nearly as many in the Sunday papers, such a bummer, i used to enjoy it:(

    ReplyDelete