Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Well... here I am again..

Hello my friends.  I hope you will let me call you friend.  I know some of you may be finding me for the first time but I've been blogging off and on for the past 3 years... I can't believe it's been that long.  It seems like just yesterday I started my blog but then as life will... it got in the way.  I found myself blogging less and less because I just didn't have anything I felt worthy of posting. So, I decided to start fresh and begin a brand new blog.. one devoted to my quilting and family/friends.  It's a brand new year and I've strapped on my big girl jeans and have vowed to myself to not let life get me down this year.  If you see my start slipping you have my permission to virtually slap me upsidethehead to get me back on track.. lol.  Last year I did very little sewing but somehow my fabric stash continued to build... ha..   I guess I wasn't feeling "that" bad..  but this year I am going to dig out my ufo's and all the kits/patterns I've accumulated and "geterdone".   You would not believe all the stuff I have..  I have dabbled in so many hobbies... I have bottles and bottles of paints, stencils, glues, stuff to cut/paint/stain/hang wooden items, tea stains, card making supplies, stamps, inks, embroidery supplies, threads, stabilizers, wreath makers, paper cutters, paper slicers, hole punchers, paper punchers, colored pencils, markers, fabric, more thread, hoops, I could go on and on but I'm sure you get my jist..  each of the things I listed I have every make/style/color I could get my hands on.  My husband says I am a hoarder.. but I just think of it as being prepared.. you never know when you might want to make a handmade card to send to someone (I have tubs of stamps and haven't made a single card yet)..  or you might want to make a wooden sign (I've done that twice) or embroider a nice kitchen towel for a friend (never)...  but..  should I ever want to... I can!!  Look at me.. I made a new blog to talk about quilting and I'm talking about everything but.. oh well.. there is always tomorrow!!  Be well my friends!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad ya told me it was you, LOL, I wouldn't have known:) You know I'll follow you anywhere so here I am:D Good luck with this new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carmen and Jessica. I am thinking this is a year for change and a clean slate.. I may not post every day, but I am going to get my butt in gear and start making every day all it can be. Ha.. sounds like a speech but it is what I am going to do. Ya'll will be seeing a LOT of me this year *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's the grit Texans are made of. To kick that butt in gear, throw some country music on, two-step you way into your stash, pull out the first thing you come to, and sashay it into somethin' fancy like. Race ya .......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the coffee on the cursor-I so need that! You are so smart!
    Glad to have you back in the saddle again!

    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to have found you! Wishing you much success with this new blog...it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa Marie.. you are making me dizzy.. lol. I haven't two stepped in years.. ha.

    I just love the coffee cup cursor Robin, it always makes me smile. It's amazing what you can do on here and I am completely computer illiterate. I just fumble my way around here.. keep posting the tuts because I need them..lol.

    Ah Jody.. my sweet bloggy friend. Thanks for the wishes.. it's people like you that make it worth it *hugs*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life got the best of me last year as well and my blog was just not a priority. Not that it is now, but I hope it gets back to where it's suppose to be this year and I too can get focused on doing more of the things I used to enjoy. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete