Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Good morning! Wish you could join me at the kitchen table.....

Good morning my friends.  As I sit here enjoying my first sip of coffee it made me think of you and wishing that we were gathered at the kitchen table chatting about the day, the kids, hubby, laundry.. whatever.. oh how fun that would be.  When you see it written out it looks rather mundane but I enjoy sharing in your lives, sometimes I envy your creativity, but yet it brings out my own.  Even though I had quit posting I was still reading your blogs when I needed a pick me up.  I knew that if I blog hopped enough I would find a post that seemed to be made just for me.  When you were down, I joined you.. when you were elated, I virtually clapped for you.  Because you are.. my friends.

Today my plan is to dig out the new Accuquilt I got for Christmas and cut me out a new quilt (as if I need another one started...lol).  I am planning to drop off 3 quilt tops to be quilted with the longarmer (I have my own but have yet to set it up)..  see how messed up I am?!?  I own a longarm but it has been sitting in pieces for 4 years because I didn't have a place to set it up, but now that I do I'm too lazy.  Something has got to give this year.  New year.. new me.  By 2012 I will be using my own longarm and my sewing room will be pristine...   yup yup.. those who know me know I said that in 09', 10' and 11'..   but I mean it this time.... really I do  :)




3 comments:

  1. I would love to be at your kitchen table with coffee and treats;)I've missed your posts and wonderful sense of humor, I too need to get in the mindset to live each day to the fullest, the hardest part is the getting started tho! Can't wait to see your quilting projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm not a coffee drinker, I do love me some treats! It was so sweet of you to stop by! And wow, someone actually reads my blog and cooks recipes that I post?? Amazing. My daughter and i just made a big batch of creamy chicken and rice soup, and is it yummy!! Maybe I'll post that one soon! I want to add learn to quilt to my list, if only we lived closer...
    Thanks again, and you are now on my blog roll, so I will be able to stop by more often! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stella,
    So glad to see you here...I thought you had stopped blogging. I missed you. I've signed up to follow you here on your new blog.
    Did I ever mention that I used to work in a quilt shop? I loved it!! I've done a few small quilts over the years, but since I found a love for manchine embroidery...it is was I do most. Can't wait to see some of your projects.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete