Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pinterest lately?...

I admit.. I'm addicted to Pinterest.  The problem is that I spend so much time clicking and repinning that I barely have time to make anything.  I did find the most amazing tub cleaner that truly does what it says..  I now live in a condo.. oh wait.. y'all don't know.. I don't live on the farm anymore, we are now living full time in the city.. woohoo!  I am no longer spending my days alone wondering what the rest of the world is up to.  I loooove the farm but it was in the middle of nowhere and I had to drive an hour each way to do anything!  With the price of gas as it is today it just wasn't feasible so we are cleaning it out and putting it up for sale.. cross your fingers for me that some hermit will come along and WANT to be alone.. haha.. that's just not me.  Aaaanyway.. back to my original post...  I found the most amazing tub and tile cleaner.. as I'm sure I don't need to say but I've been cleaning a tub for more years than I care to count.. but never.. ever.. have I had my tub shine like it does with this product.. it looks brand new!  It's so simple and I don't get the grit on the bottom of the tub like I do with scrubs.. here's all you need if you want to give it a try.... what I did in blue...


Tub and Shower Magic
o by
·  12 ounces white vinegar    (I used 8 oz)
·  12 ounces liquid, blue dawn detergent      (I used 8 oz) 

  Directions:
Heat vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle  (don't do this.. let it cool or better yet do it in a microwave safe bowl, mix in your Dawn and let it cool a bit before you put it in the squirt bottle.. the heat will make the spray bottle swell like it's about to explode.. as me how I know  :)   I was scared.. haha)
Add the Dawn soap. Put the lid on and gently shake to incorporate.
You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.


Omg.. this stuff is amazing.. I spray it on.. let it sit for 30 minutes or so and scrub.. when the tub dries it is so shiny I need shades.  It does have a vinegary smell.. but to me that means clean.. my momma always cleaned with vinegar and I guess I got commercial thinking if it was on tv it has to be better.. but no.. momma was right.

Actually.. I now make all my own cleaning products.. for DIY soft scrub and awesome all purpose cleaner I found this site on Pinterest..    http://makeitgiveit.blogspot.com/2011/07/sensational-soft-scrubhomemade.html    I make both and wow.. I will never be in the cleaning aisle again. I already have all the basics.. just EO's and I'm set to go.  

For DIY window cleaner that ROCKS!  I have no idea who I got this from but I've been using it for a couple years so if you posted this on your blog a couple years ago.. THANK YOU!


Window Cleaner Ingredients:
2 cups Rubbing Alcohol
1 tsp. of Prell Shampoo (y'all remember that stuff, right?)
Water


Directions:
Pour rubbing alcohol and shampoo into a 1 gallon jug, then fill the rest of the way with water. Give it a good shake. 
Pour into spray bottles.


That's it, you're done. So easy!

Great for your pocketbook and you'll have a wonderfully clean home.. no lugging around 10 different cleaners..  LOVE!!

Hope y'all have a great day!  I'm off to blog hop on this wet rainy day.

Hugs,






2 comments:

  1. I use a very similar cleaner with the vinegar & dawn but it has more vinegar & only 3 Tbls. dawn, I love it! Glad you made it to town where you like it, I am a country girl who needs her space (and lots of it, lol) so I would love your farm:) Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the farm but all of my children live an hour away in either direction so we bought a condo in Richmond where 2 of my 3 children live so that then I would only have to drive to see one. I was using so much gas and putting so many miles on the car that it wasn't worth it. I wish I could just pick the farm up and move it right outside of town.. then I'd be in heaven. :)

      Delete