Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hello Again!

Well, here I am again.  I keep thinking I'm back to stay but then life gets in the way.  This has been a really rough year for us...  although compared to some I really shouldn't  complain.  As the holidays approach and it becomes time for new resolutions keeping up my blog is one of mine.. I miss the friends I have made here.. I miss hearing about your life and seeing the latest craft or the way you redecorated your house...  it really is a sisterhood here in our little land of blogs.  

Since we moved to the condo I haven't touched a thing crafty in months..  Oh how I miss the sound of my sewing machine.. or the smell of melting wax waiting for something to dip.  A paintbrush in my hand..  or a can of spray paint staining my fingertips...  Everything I own has been divided between 4 places for the past year but now I am gathering everything in one place and I can be free to create again.  I know this sounds silly but I feel almost giddy with the thought of knowing that I will have everything together in one room soon.  Every time I've tried to make something I have to stop and try to figure out if the scissors are at the main farmhouse?.. or is the ruler at the old farmhouse?.. did I bring it to the condo or better yet.. is it in storage? :(  It's just a mess.  But now I have a sewing room again!  Woohoo!  This is so exciting!  Everything but the stuff in storage is now in my room waiting to be unpacked.  I did find some little things I could make last weekend because I couldn't wait anymore ..

First I made this casserole carrier.. I LOOOVE it.. it's big enough to carry a 9x13 pan or a cupcake carrier..   perfect for get togethers....


It's hard to see but that is a 9x13 pan in the bottom.

I also made a cozy for my iced coffee while I'm busy sewing so the condensation won't get my fabrics wet.. lol.  I actually like it and use it daily.  It says to put a button and elastic to hold it together but I'm just using a safety pin.. lazy :)

I saw this sewing pedal Stay Put on Pinterest and knew I had to have one... I'm tired of chasing my pedal across the floor when I'm sewing..
I also made a diaper bag for my youngest grandson but I forgot to get a pic before I gave it to his mother.  

Hopefully I'm back and back to crafting.. I know it makes me happy :)

Enjoy life my friends..
It's the only life we have!

Your friend,
Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment