Thursday, June 9, 2016

I'm back.. again

Well hello there!  So glad you found me.  I drug out my old blog and dusted it off and decided to come back home.   Like many of you I've been posting on Facebook for the past 3 years but I've found that I really miss the interaction I had with my fellow bloggers so as life continues to throw me a few curveballs I've decided to return to blogging and hopefully you can help me learn how to swing :)

It's been a long 3 years for me.. we just went to court yesterday and now are the sole legal guardians for my 4 year old grandson.  I want to dwell.. I want to scream.. I want to pout.. but for him I can't.  I am not going to get into the issues that brought this to be, I might over time but for now I want to move on and just live.  We had joint custody with the maternal grandparents for the last 2 1/2 years and that was a total nightmare for all involved.  I don't know who convinced the court system that sending a child back and forth every week between homes was a good thing but I can guarantee you that they never lived that life.  But...  now that's over.. he lives with us 24/7 and I will admit this is not the life I envisioned for me at this time in my life but for my grandson I will do what I need to help him grow up happy and healthy.

That is where you will come in.  My children were born in the 80's..  I have no idea how to raise a  child in 2016.  There were no computers or iPads, we couldn't even afford cable..  my children ate what I cooked for dinner, I don't think they ever had a chicken nugget until they started going out with friends to eat in high school... I had 3 children that were all under 3 at the same time so they played together..  life and everything in it is so much different this second time around.  I want to just be a Grammy and let him eat whatever and do whatever while he's here but I can't.. I have to be.. I don't know.. Mommy/Grammy.  This world is so much faster and uglier then when my kids were little.  Some of you might be offended with my comment but I didn't grow up with 24/7 news coverage.. I doubt I even knew what was going on in the next town much less on the other side of the world.  I grew up with 3 tv channels so news was at a minimum.  There were times I wasn't even sure where my kids were.. I knew they were in the neighborhood but I didn't have any way to contact them other then calling another mom or just standing outside my door till one of them would whiz by.  Looking back with the world as I know it now I can't believe I allowed them out of my sight but times were different or I didn't know how bad it really was.. I'm not sure.

I want to get back to sharing recipes and craft projects and cultivate friendships.  I hope you will come along with me .. I want to know you too!




2 comments: